Ultra early detection pregnancy tests have been available now for several years and are proving very popular & reliable at diagnosing pregnancy before the missed period.
If you are using an ultra early sensitive 10miu hcg pregnancy test you need to test 1st thing in the morning on the first urine that you pass after waking, as the hcg level will usually be more concentrated then, and so you have a higher chance of detecting if you are pregnant or not.
Advantages of ultra early pregnancy test strips:
- they detect lower levels of the pregnancy hormone hcg
- they are easy to use
- you find out sooner
- the ultra early pregnancy test strips are excellent value for money
Disadvantages of ultra early pregnancy tests:
- They may detect a very early pregnancy that then fails to continue, that you would otherwise not know about.
- false negatives are more common, as the pregnancy hormone level in the urine, may not be high enough even for the ultra sensitive pregnancy test to detect.
- you may need to test repeatedly until you get a positive pregnancy test or your period starts