This is a common question that we are asked as the two products are very similar. They are both excellent fertility lubricants that have been designed specifically for couples trying to conceive, and are the two leading fertility lubricants in the UK currently.
We thought we would give you our opinion of the pros and cons for each, having sold them both for many years now ,to help you to choose which one will suit your needs.
Lets start with reviewing Pre-Seed lubricant
Pre-Seed has been around now for many years in fact we have been selling it for about 9-10 years I think. During that time we have lots of positive feedback about the product and very little if any negative feedback.
Originally it was only available in pre-filled applicators but it now comes in a 40g multi-use tube with applicators that you can fill yourself.
Pros for Pre-Seed
- its been around for ages and has lots of positive feedback & successful pregnancies.
- it is available in a multi-use tube with vaginal applicators that you fill yourself which means that you can use as little or as much as you like and you only need to buy one product
- it can be used for intravaginal application & for external application to either partner
- it has been clinically tested and shown to be sperm friendly & non irritant
- it is reasonably priced at around £12-15 pound for a 40g tube
- it is easy to use and comes with comprehensive instructions
- it is the most versatile product of the two as it allows for both external and internal application
Cons for Pre-Seed
- Currently at time of writing it is only available online in UK and mainly through specialist fertility suppliers
- The lack of a small tube means you cannot try Pre-Seed before committing to a large tube
Now we will give our review of Conceive Plus
Conceive Plus has also been around a long time (although not quite a s long as Pre-Seed I think) and also has lots of positive feedback & Successful pregnancies. It is available as 3 different products currently. Pre-filled applicators & tubes of Conceive plus in two sizes (small & large).
Pros for Conceive Plus
- The small cheaper 30g tube allows you to try the Conceive Plus before you commit to a larger tube & is excellent value for money. It is ideal for external application to either partner for foreplay & intercourse.
- It is widely available in Boots and also online
- There is lots of positive feedback about the product and very little negative feedback.
- The range of products means that there should be a product to suit you.
- Reasonably priced at between £6 and £15
- Easy to use and comes with comprehensive instructions from manufacturer
- The small 30g tube is small & discreet for when travelling
- The pre-filled applicator product allows you to insert the lubricant deep inside the vagina if dryness is a problem and you do not need to work out how much lubricant to use as this is done for you.
Cons for Conceive plus
- The lack of a multi-use tube means that if you want to use intravaginal applicators & have the lubricant for external application you have to buy two products making it more costly.
- Some women find the pre-filled applicators contain too much lubricant and so some is wasted-you are not able to choose how much lubricant you put into the applicator as this is done for you.
Conclusion-Is it Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus ?
Well our answer is it depends on how you wish to use the product.
If you are looking for a lubricant that you can use internally as well as externally & where you can choose how much lubricant to insert into the vaginal applicator then I would try Pre-Seed multi-use 40g tube first and see if it suits you. This way you are only having to purchase one product.
If you are looking for a product just for foreplay and then external application to either partner then I would probably try the Conceive plus 30g tube first and see if it suits you. you can then go onto buy a larger tube if required.
If you are looking for a lubricant just for internal vaginal application prior to intercourse, with pre-filled applicators so that you do not need to decide how much lubricant to use, then opt for Conceive Plus pre-filled applicators.
Whichever one you choose they are both great fertility lubricants and we have no hesitation in recommending them both. Just choose the format that suits your particular needs.